Thursday, September 10, 2009

Tiny 2.11 Out of the Box

For those of you following these projects, I have tried to wing an autopilot myself. It actually is getting there, but I thought. Better to get to market with a product before we spend five years debugging stuff that was just a dead end to begin with. I was reading around about each of the other projects on DIY drones. I was considering the Ardurino autopilot, but was a bit concerned of writing ANSI C at a register level. So I went with the Paparazzi autopilot which is well received and more finished to a level where I was willing to get my feet wet.

I got my Tiny 2.11 from Chebuzz in California/UK.

"unpaid recommendation" The guys at Chebuzz are great, I do suggest buying from them. They are better priced for the American market than the other assemblers, have great service and are willing to answer even my bone-headed questions. "unpaid recommendation"

Out of the box, well it came in a normal padded envelope. I was eagerly trying to figure out what each board did. Having returned from vacation, I had forgotten what I had learned. So, here are the parts I received from the "Everything You Need" kit from Chebuzz.

XBee Pro modems
modem0modem1modem2modem3modem4

Main Tiny 2.11 board with pico blade connectors
top
bottom

ESC throttle wire
black and white two pin