Sunday, November 15, 2009

Facebook Advertising 3400 people exposed 5 hits received

This week, I ran a basic advertisement to see how effective it would be. I cross-posted a philanthropic interest for Veteran's Day. If I sold any of the following shirts,

shirt #1 or shirt #2

My idea was to donate any proceeds to the Alachua County Veterans of Foreign Wars post. They do lots of work at the Gainesville VA hospital. I sent it to three veteran's groups for 3400 possible people. I got 5 hits. Woohoo!

Ok, not the glorious turn out that I had hoped. However, it was an interesting thing that it was such a huge failure. I guess it did not cost me anything, but I would happily donate any proceeds from these shirts to help Iraq and Afghanistan veterans.

More adventures in internet marketing as I come up with them. Reddit ok, I thought I would get more traffic by getting into some of the track back systems. Reddit.com put up 120 links, not one had anything to do with my content. Heck, even Google AdSense has trouble with this. From what I can see, it is not so good at uncommon keywords. So short of articles of white panties on eastern European schoolgirls I am not sure how helpful AdSense is even for my topics.