Saturday, October 10, 2009

Motors, motors, motors

Did anyone else ever notice that anything truly important must be said thrice for men to notice? Girls, girls girls, XXX, I have a million examples. Just an aside, but interesting to note. That may be why no one ever reads DANGER, and stays away, Or don't click.

This week I have been fighting the forces of evil all week. I know the buzzlabs.us site is not a work of art. It is a work in progress. Yeah, yeah need more pictures. Let's get one step at a time. I found several distributors of NEU motors whose website said, yeah they are in stock. Seems that they need to update their site? WTF still are not online with inventory status... or are not advertising things correctly. If you don't have it, just say so.

Anyway, there I was thinking I had the NEU motors in hand 1912/3Y jobs. however, it seems that there is no such thing as in stock with these guys. They are supposed to be the best. I have been reading that the heli guys dig the X-Era motors from NC too.

I called Dave at X-Era. He was friendly and very helpful. I will keep up with his 4035 3y 400kv motors. He is actually sizing a motor for us to swing these huge props. I am actually pretty curious what he will come up with. The NEU calculator came up with the 1912 line of motors because of the three bladed props. I will post what he says when I get back his response.

If anyone knows of any 5-6 bladed props that would be good to know too. I heard on the boards that Dario makes them. It is my opinion that I can slow the prop down enough by adding blades to lower our planes and reduce the current draw by adding voltage. I would love to get our current draw to 20A at 9s (33.3V) our batteries would last for a lot longer. I think maybe Bolly Props down in Oz may have them, but three bladed jobs though.