Friday, November 6, 2009

UGV autopilot

Taking the lessons learned from the UAV stuff, I am trying to trim down the UAV pilot to a UGV pilot. The two have different requirements so I am hoping that it can all be put into the mission planner. I have found playing with the UAV autopilot that the event driven solution works well, but is a bit honery.

So I am working on a bus model. Where the individual managers all call into the bus to pass messages, then the bus manages the message delivery. This should decouple the messaging. I was trying to avoid the inevitable hard coding of observers and subjects in the code. This would make the relationships less fixed and hopefully ini-file-able.

I have some other lessons learned about this.

One other question, does anyone have any opinion of Java on Android 2 rather than c#.NET on Windows 7? They would both target netbooks or computer on modules (COM). Let me know if anyone has any practical/constructive opinions of these platforms. info "at" fatmanflying.com